This page is no longer updated.
From now on, please visit our page "Coronavirus".
Medical examinations with the CMSS
Medical examinations with the Medical Board of the Social Security (Contrôle médical de la sécurité sociale CMSS) are cancelled up to April 24. A written confirmation will be sent to the insured persons as soon as possible.
Special and exceptional leave for family reasons
Extension of the leave for family reasons in connection with the coronavirus epidemic until the end of the suspension period for all school and childcare facility activities, currently scheduled for 19 April inclusive - including during the Easter holidays
In the context of the measures adopted by the Government to contain the spread of the coronavirus, a specific form has been drawn up for those parents who have to look after their child(ren) under 13 years old, so that they will be able to benefit from leave for family reasons.
This form can be found under « More information ».
Please submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is to be used ONLY for sending the said form. It is not possible for us to answer any questions that may be asked.
If you cannot submit it electronically, please send it by NORMAL mail (NOT REGISTERED!).
Please refer to the FAQ available on the Governement's website: CLICK HERE
Special provisions for self-employed workers
A self-employed worker, you are entitled to leave for family reasons.
You have to complete the form and send it to the CNS by email to email@example.com or by post (standard mail) to "Service Indemnités pécuniaires" L-2980 Luxembourg at the end of the period of leave and clearly indicate the days of leave taken.
If you submit the request by e-mail, please indicate your 13-digit NATIONAL NUMBER in the SUBJECT of your e-mail.
S2 or Directive 2011/24 Authorisation
Insured persons who have a planned treatment abroad that has to be postponed are requested to inform us of the new date by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (to be used only for requests relating to transfer abroad, not for submitting other certificates). We will then send you a new coverage certificate by post.
New acts for teleconsultation in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic
In order to take account of the latest measures taken in the fight against the coronavirus "COVID-19", in particular in the field of public health, new acts for teleconsultation will be introduced in various nomenclatures, including the establishment of medical prescriptions or certificates of incapacity for work.
- A new act C45 labelled "Teleconsultation in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic according to the recommendations of the Health Directorate, including, where appropriate, the establishment of medical prescriptions or declarations of incapacity for work" to be carried out remotely by a general practitioner or a specialist, excluding dentists, is introduced into the nomenclature of medical acts and services provided by doctors.
- A new act DC45 labelled "Teleconsultation in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic according to the recommendations of the Health Directorate, including, where appropriate, the establishment of medical prescriptions" to be carried out remotely by a dentist is introduced into the nomenclature of acts and services provided by dentists.
- A new act S45 labelled "Teleconsultation in the context of the COVID-19 epidemic according to the recommendations of the Health Directorate, including, where appropriate, the establishment of medical prescriptions" to be carried out remotely by a midwife is introduced into the nomenclature of acts and services provided by midwives.
Sending certificates of incapacity for work
As the postal services are currently not functioning - or only to a limited extent - insured persons have the possibility to send their certificates of incapacity for work exceptionally by e-mail to the following address: saisieCIT.email@example.com
As a reminder, a certificate of incapacity for work can only be accepted if it meets the following criteria:
- the Luxembourg registration number must be written on the certificate
- the certificate must be issued by a doctor
- with the doctor's surname and first name
- the certificate's date of issue
- the beginning date of the incapacity
- the end date of the incapacity
- the diagnosis
The certificate must be produced digitally (ideally a scan). If you send a photo, please make sure the document is well-framed and legible.
Certificates sent by e-mail should no longer be submitted by post. However, please keep the original carefully.
If the certificate is in a language other than French, English or German, a translation by a sworn translator is required.
Please indicate your 13-digit NATIONAL NUMBER in the SUBJECT of your e-mail.