Within the scope of the health-maternity insurance
- reimbursement of health care costs and preventive medical measures;
- payment of financial benefits in the event of incapacity for work or maternity;
- payment of a funeral allowance;
- drafting of the CNS statutes;
- drafting of the annual global budget for the health-maternity insurance;
- reassessment of the contribution rate, if necessary;
- conventional negotiations with the professional organisations representing the health care providers and the hospitals;
- drafting the budget for each hospital establishment every 2 years;
- providing an opinion to the Government in order to determine the global budget envelope for the entire hospital sector;
- compliance monitoring and quality control of services provided;
- collaboration with the ministries and administrations in charge to ensure sustainable development of the health insurance scheme;
- actively informing insured persons, health care providers and employers;
- participation through the "Agence eSanté" in a platform for exchanging and sharing health data;
- managing relations on a European or international level.
Within the scope of the accident insurance
- payment of benefits in the event of a work accident or occupational disease, on behalf of the accident insurance.
Within the scope of the long-term care insurance
- coverage of assistance and care required by the dependent person, either at home or in an in-patient establishment;
- payment of cash benefits in lieu of benefits in kind to the dependent person at home;
- coverage of technical aids and housing adaptations;
- negotiations with the professional organisations representing providers working within the scope of the long-term care insurance;
- drafting the budget for the long-term care insurance as well as the overall annual statement of revenues and expenditures.