A person is considered to be in need of long-term care if they regularly require assistance from another person in order to carry out basic day-to-day tasks owing to illness or a physical, psychological or mental disability.
Basic day-to-day tasks are:
- personal hygiene: care and assistance aiming to maintain the cleanliness of the body;
- body excretions: care and assistance aiming the disposal of metabolic waste;
- nutrition: care and assistance aiming to assist with food intake, hydration and enteral feeding;
- clothing: care and assistance to get dressed and undressed;
- mobility: care and assistance aiming changes of position, locomotion and access to and exit from home.
The insured person must, in theory, require assistance with basic day-to-day tasks for at least three and a half hours a week, and the need for nursing care must be likely to last at least six months or be irreversible.
Calendar 2023 for the financial benefits of the long-term care insurance
If you have any questions about the cash benefits of the long-term care insurance, you can contact us using the following contact details:
Département Assurance Dépendance
Phone: 27 57 - 4455
The following table shows the dates of payment of cash benefits for the year 2023.
(the date may vary depending on the bank)