The CNS is placed under the responsibility of a Council of Administration in charge of managing the CNS. Actions and decisions taken by the Council of Administration are binding for the CNS.
The council is composed of the President of the CNS, representative of the State, 5 delegates for employees of the private sector, 3 delegates for the public sector, 3 delegates for self-employed individuals and 5 delegates for employers.
The Council of Administration meets under three different compositions, namely the plenary management, CNS management and long-term care management.
For CNS management relating to healthcare expenses paid upfront by the insured person, to cash benefits in terms of sickness and maternity and to the funerary allowance, all of which concerning individuals insured by the CNS, the Council of Administration sits in the absence of delegates representing the public sector.
When it comes to long-term care insurance, the Council of Administration deliberates in the absence of employers' delegates.
The Council of Administration sets up the principles of internal governorship of the CNS allowing on one hand to steer and on the other hand to control the activities of the CNS.
The specific missions of the Council of Administration are defined in the Social Security Code (Code de la sécurité sociale CSS), according to which it belongs to the council:
- to rule on the total annual budget of the health and maternity insurance, taking into account the budget of the administrative expenses established by the health insurance funds of the public sector (Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés publics, Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés communaux and Entraide médicale de la société nationale des chemins de fer luxembourgeois);
- to establish the multiannual programming;
- to re-determine the contribution rates;
- to rule on the annual global figures of incomes and expenditures as well as the balance sheet of the health-maternity insurance;
- to establish the statutes regulating, within the limits of legal, regulatory and conventional provisions, all that relates to services;
- to lay down the rules relating to the operation of the CNS;
- to prepare the negotiations to be carried out by the President or his representative with healthcare providers and to comment on the outcome of these negotiations;
- to manage the property assets of the CNS;
- to make decisions concerning the personnel of the CNS.
The composition of the Council of Administration as of 01.07.2019
|Président : Christian Oberlé (representing the State)|
|Full members||Substitute members|
Representatives for insureds
|Lynn Settinger||Armand Drews|
|Romance Scheuer||Nora Back|
|Christophe Knebeler||Maria Mendes|
|Vanessa Correia||Rafael Rodrigues|
|Alphonse Classen||Marco Stoffel|
|Alain Spies||Marie-Claude Koders|
|Jean-Marie Spartz||Béliza Mendes|
|Representatives for employers|
|Norbert Geisen||Christian Colas|
|Camille Schroeder||Andy Brisbois|
|Fabienne Lang||Cristelle Cervellati|
|Claude Bizjak||Laurence Raphael|
|Marc Kieffer||François Engels
|Michèle Marques||Nicolas Simons|