Due to the current heavy workload, the time it takes to receive a refund - from the moment you send a request up until the moment you receive your reimbursement via bank transfer - is longer than usual. Thank you for your understanding.
The various departments of the CNS are currently processing applications received as of:
- 09 March 2021, for national invoices
- 16 April 2021, for international invoices
- 14 April 2021, for prosthetic quotations
- 14 April 2021, for orthodontic quotations
You may continue to receive a CNS reimbursement by cheque by making an appointment at one of our agencies http://guichet.lu/rdv-cns
- Received does not mean processed. Processing only starts from the date of receipt. This processing can currently take up to 6 weeks!
- Invoices submitted in the same envelope are not necessarily processed at the same time.
Once the CNS starts processing your request, it goes through a series of processes. Here are some examples:
- for invoices, most of them are scanned first. The system then performs optical recognition. If necessary, the CNS agents have to go through the various electronic documents and perform the necessary corrections. Once the invoice has been validated, it will be settled by our accounting department within a few days. After this settlement, the bank accounts are credited according to the different bank deadlines (a national bank account will be credited faster than an international bank account).
- for dental quotations, the files are administratively controlled and filed by the CNS. They are then sent to the Medical Board of the Social Security (CMSS) for medical assessment. The CNS awaits the opinion of the CMSS before granting or refusing coverage.
Therefore, between the date the CNS starts treating a request and the date you will receive your refund/feedback from the CNS, the processing time can vary greatly, from a few days to several weeks, due in particular to the workload, available resources etc.
Acknowledgement of receipt
We cannot confirm receipt of a reimbursement request as long as the corresponding invoices have not been processed by our team in charge.
We thank you for your understanding and patience.
Last update: 21.04.2021
This page will be updated weekly.