The reimbursement of certain acts and services of dieticians by the sickness and maternity insurance came into force on 1 January 2019. The providers concerned can find all the information they need on this page.
Terms and conditions of reimbursement and legal basis
The terms and conditions for the reimbursement of dietetic services are defined by the agreement concluded between the CNS and the ANDL, the nomenclature of acts and services of dieticians and specific provisions to be included in the statutes of the CNS.
For more information, please see the specific section.
Documents should be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications in JPEG and HTM format cannot be opened and will therefore not be accepted.
- Procedure for allocating a provider code
- Electronic data exchange
- Requesting the flat rate for IT costs
Declaration of a joint practice
If several dieticians decide to work in a joint practice, they have several possibilities to invoice their services to the CNS:
- Each dietician bills his or her own services separately with the CNS. In this case, no further steps in the code allocation process are necessary.
- Dietitians apply for a common provider code in order to form a self-employed association with shared fees
- A dietician invoices all services to the CNS and indicates the provider code of the performer for each session provided. In this case, the relationship between the different providers must be declared to the CNS in the form of a joint billing association.
The practice of dietetics in a liberal association with pooling of fees is linked to the creation of a common provider code. All acts performed by the members of the association can be billed under this association code.
In contrast to other forms of joint billing, the liberal association is characterized by greater stability and transparency between its members. In concrete terms, this translates into the following practical arrangements:
- Each member of the association must confirm the joining or leaving of a member by signature
- Each member of the association receives an annual statement of the amounts charged to the association for the period during which they were a member
To request an association code, please contact email@example.com.
Declaration of a group of dieticians with joint billing
Self-employed dieticians, dietetic associations, aid and care institutions, aid and care networks and semi-stationary centres are entitled to invoice services provided by individual dieticians different from the invoicing party, provided that the relationship between invoicing party and performer is reported to the CNS beforehand. In this context, both a salaried relationship as well as work under a contract of enterprise (also called "Freelance") are allowed.
The CNS will only accept fee statements in which a contractor has been declared in advance as a member of the practice or billing establishment using the form "Departure and/or membership of a group of dietitians with common billing (not grouped in a liberal association)" available below.
To receive the latest information by e-mail, please subscribe to the newsletter for providers: CNS Update.
For any questions regarding the daily exchange between providers and the CNS in the context of the authorisation and billing procedures, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org